any advice for incoming college freshman?
sure why not!!!
- first of all don’t buy books through your schools bookstore unless it’s absolutely necessary!!!! chegg, alibris, or even amazon are some nice places where you can buy/rent textbooks for much cheaper. also here’s a post that has links to various places where you can possibly find online versions of textbooks
- exercise!!! even if it’s just a walk around campus or some crunches or push ups in your dorm. you’re gonna be eating a lot of unhealthy food (at least at my school we just have a food court with a bunch of fast food restaurants) so if you don’t exercise you’re definitely gonna gain the dreaded freshman 15
- show up to class early, at least for the first few weeks. maybe like 10-15 minutes early. your professors will take notice that you’re early and ready to learn and they’ll be impressed
- don’t skip class!!! i know there’s a lot more freedom in college than there is in high school and it makes it soooo easy to just skip class. the temptation is always there but trust me it pays off to just go to class. some of my classes last year offered extra credit in class and only people who showed up could get it. obviously it’s okay to skip class every once in a while if you need to but don’t make it a habit!
- give yourself ‘you’ time. maybe every sunday night get some snacks and watch a movie or just do something relaxing!!! college can get really really stressful at times so every once in a whole you gotta just take a little time to unwind
- make lots of friends, drink, party, have a good ass time, but don’t lose sight of why you’re at college in the first place which is to get an education. so have as much fun as you want just don’t let the fun take priority over your school work
except don’t break any laws if you are arrested you will be required to pay back all of your federal monies including loans and scholarships that you have recieved up to that point and tbh a beer just isn’t worth it
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
then explain THIS